Makes 10 fish cakes (L)
- 425g (1 tin) sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 onion, grated
- 10ml parsley, chopped
- 250ml Jungle Oats
- 1 egg
- 5ml salt
- 2ml mixed herbs
- 12.5ml chutney
- 5ml garlic, crushed (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Mash fish with a fork, including the bones.
- Mix all the other ingredients into the fish.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan. Do not over-heat.
- Use two tablespoons to shape the mixture into cakes and flatten slightly.
- Fry fish cakes slowly for ± 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a salad of your choice.