- 2 onions, sliced
- 125ml boiling water
- 25ml oil
- 25ml apricot jam
- 25ml vinegar
- 25ml curry powder (or more, according to taste)
- 10ml salt
- 75ml Jungle Oats
- 500g beef mince
- 1 egg, whisked
- 5ml turmeric
- 15 ml cornflour meatballs
- 250ml boiling water
- Cook onions in 125 ml boiling water in a large pan until soft.
- Add oil and fry onions lightly.
- Add apricot jam, vinegar and curry powder and boil for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix 5 ml salt, Jungle Oats and egg. Mix with the mince and half the onion mixture.
- Dissolve the cornflour, turmeric and 5 ml salt in 250 ml boiling water. Add to remainder of onion mixture in the pan.
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken.
- Shape mince into balls and add to the remaining hot sauce in the pan.
- Cook over a low heat for ± 30 minutes until meat balls are done.